Getting married in Church
It is the privilege of the Church of England to provide wedding services for engaged men and women, who live in the parish, are members of the worshipping community or who have a qualifying connection. The current qualifying connections being that:
- One of you has been baptised or prepared for confirmation in the parish
- One of you has lived in the parish for six months or more
- One of you has at any time regularly attended public worship in the parish for six months or more
- One of your parents has lived in the parish for six months or more within your lifetime
- One of your parents has regularly attended public worship here for six months or more in your lifetime
- Your parents or grandparents were married in the church
During the period leading up to your wedding we will expect to you to regularly attend one of the services we hold at St Peter’s. This gives us a time to get to know you and enables you to experience something of the life of the Church in which you wish to marry.
If there has been a previous marriage that has ended in divorce then you will need to have a conversation with the Rector, but we are usually able to re-marry you in Church.
If you would like any further information on the above or to book a wedding at St. Peter’s please contact Harry or Leah at the church office.